- About gUSE
- Portals in use
Releases and documentation
On this page you can find the most important improvements for each release. By selecting a release you can find the release notes, download links and manuals for all of our releases. Because every release has its own documents, please click on the 'read more' under the release you are looking for to access its documentation.
To get more comfortable with how to read the documents see our documentation how-to.
For a better understanding on version changes see our versioning policy.
Released on 29th April 2013.
From this version users with corresponding rights can create robot permission association for every supported resource type in gUSE/WS-PGRADE to identify trusted applications. Therefore, any users can easily submit workflows identified by robot permission without dealing with any authentication data. (For details see chapter 19 in Menu-Oriented Online Help within the Portal_User_Manual_v3.5.5.pdf as well as the Administrator Manual where you find a description about the robot permission related logging of job submissions in the section Additional Enhancements).
Released on 9th April 2013.
- A priori cost estimation and a posteriori real cost reporting feature for payable cloud related job submissions is included. (For details see chapter 17 in Menu-Oriented Online Help of Portal_User_Manual_v3.5.4.pdf.)
- Portal installations can subscribe to a common Google map based server advertising the included installations (https://guse.sztaki.hu/MapService/) (See chapter 19 in Menu-Oriented Online Help within Portal_User_Manual_v3.5.4.pdf as well as Installation_Wizard_Manual_v3.5.4.)
Released on 14th March 2013.
The main improvements in this version:
- There are some developments in system performance optimalization at DCI Bridge side. The main result is for users the significantly faster job processing and submission.
- gUSE/WS-PGRADE supports the EMI-UI v1 and v2, as well. Therefore, for using gLite middleware to run your workflows you can use the very simple and convenient Security/Upload function in WS-PGRADE to upload authentication data to MyProxy server (for details see chapter 2.1 in DCI_Bridge_Manual_v3.5.3.pdf).
- There are also new developments and bug fixing in WS-PGRADE for CloudBroker-specific job creation and submission.
- You can use new middlewares (REST and HTTP) for job configuration when you configure your job as Service in WS-PGRADE (for details see section 3.2 within Menu-Oriented Online Help of Portal_User_Manual_v3.5.3.pdf as well as the DCI_Bridge_Manual_v3.5.3.pdf).
- You can start/stop the gUSE by some useful scripts instead of longer manual step sequence. (For more information see the first section of gUSE_Admin_Manual.pdf)
Released on 17th October 2012.
From this version gUSE/WS-PGRADE supports the workflow export/import to/from SHIWA project Workflow Repository where you can share workflows of different workflow systems. The details and the exact conditions of sharing workflows you can see in the Portal User Manual v3.5.2, in the section Portlet-Oriented Online Help, in chapter 7 and chapter 11. (You can find the concerned functions in WS-PGRADE under menus Workflow/Import and Workflow/Concrete/Export.)
Released on 18th September 2012.
In this version the job configuration capabilities of CloudBroker portlet in WS-PGRADE are extended: Beside the existing opportunity of software selection from available software list of CloudBroker Repository, users can upload and use their own executable code for job submission through CloudBroker. Therefore, users can define access to their own cloud resources via CloudBroker as well as they can define applications over custom-prepared virtual machine images. You can read about the CloudBroker portlet in chapter 17 within the section Portlet-Oriented Online Help. (You can find the related functions in WS-PGRADE portal under Security/CloudBroker menu and during the Workflow creation process.)
Released on 23th August 2012.
The main improvements in this version:
- From this version the Unicore middleware support is updated, and supports IDB tools. (About UNICORE you find information in chapter 6.2.13 and in DCI Bridge Administrator Manual, in chapter 2.5)
- From this version opportunity to submit jobs to CloudBroker is available. (See chapter 17 in section 'Portlet-Oriented Online Help' within Portal User Manual)
- Statistics bugfix.
- DCI-Bridge handles the resources even in case of "https://host.com/service" format correctly. (GEMLCA - GT4 problem fixed)
Released on 18th July 2012.
From this version the GT5 (Globus Toolkit 5) as DCI/grid type is supported as well. You can read more about this in chapter 6 of Portal User Manual as well as in chapter 2.4 of DCI Bridge Administrator Manual. (You meet GT5 resource setting in a particular case in WS-PGRADE portal in the Workflow/Concrete/Configure function at the Workflow configuration process.)
Released on 5th July 2012.
The gUSE v3.4.7 introduces a visual feedback for users about relative long time running processes. Additionally, the visual forms of most messages and other dialog elements are modified and streamlined.
Released on 15th June 2012.
A new tool, Service wizard is added for service checking and configuration at deployment process of gUSE. Besides from gUSE 3.4.6 the v6.1 is the only supported Liferay Portal version for WS-PGRADE/gUSE installation.
Released on 11th June 2012.
The main improvement is that from this version SHIWA Repository can be connected to WS-PGRADE/gUSE.